Sponsors and Exhibitors
ROTORR-MOTOR OF INNOVATION
Rotorr-Motor of Innovation was established as a response to a challenge from members of the academic community and alumni of the National University of Colombia: what is the best mechanism for transferring the highly technical knowledge generated within the academy to society?
To address this, a partnership has been formed between the National University of Colombia and the Teachers' Employee Fund of the National University - Fodun.
Rotorr is a non-profit state entity dedicated to intermediating in the investment of scientific-technological projects and initiatives, aiming to connect capital with highly innovative ventures. This approach enhances the spin-off type enterprises emerging from higher education institutions in Colombia, and involves both national and international public and private actors.
The primary goal of Rotorr is to participate in, strengthen, and contribute to the mission and objectives of the corporate members, higher education institutions, and public and private entities, both nationally and internationally, to promote science, technology, innovation, and knowledge transfer.
Rotorr carries out the following activities:
- Creating and participating in funds for ITEM (Innovation, Technology, Entrepreneurship, and Management) activities at both national and international levels.
- Managing and channeling, directly or with the participation of other actors, resources to promote ITEM activities.
- Providing project management and logistical operation services for proposals, plans, projects, and programs in ITEM.
- Entering into agreements of intent to promote, design, articulate, manage, and execute plans, programs, and projects with national or international public actors related to ITEM.
- Assisting and participating in the creation and consolidation of research centers and institutes, and other entities associated with the promotion, creation, financing, and development of ITEM activities.
Redondo Optics Inc. (ROI) specializes in the development and production of miniature, light weight, and power efficient fiber optic sensors for physical, chemical, and biological measurements with applications in aerospace, oil and gas, renewable energy, civil and environmental engineering, medical and biomedical, and defense and security.
Redondo Optics will present our production line of fiber optic sensors including the line of passive and dynamic battery operated wireless fiber Bragg-grating sensors interrogators for measurements of strain, temperature, pressure, acceleration, vibration, acoustic-emissions, and ultrasound. We will also present our line of point-like and fully distributed fiber optic chemical sensors for the measurements of gases and liquids O2, CO2, H2, CH4, pH, RH, and hydrocarbons.
Luna is a world-class designer, developer and manufacturer of fiber optic sensing solutions for both discrete and distributed measurements. Luna's innovative products are based on the used of cutting-edge optical fiber technologies such as fiber Bragg gratings (FBG), as well as distributed optical systems based on Raman, Brillouin and Rayleigh optical scattering phenomena for Distributed Temperature Sensing (DTS), Distributed Strain Sensing (DSS), as well as Distributed Acoustic Sensing (DAS). Our sensors and instruments are used to measure and monitor a variety of mechanical and physical properties of materials, components, structures and processes and enjoy widespread used around the globe for a broad variety of Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) applications.
We welcome you at our stand at SHM Latam-2023 and meet with one of our Colombian partners from Invest Engineering and SFISA.